20MM x 102 TP (Target Practice)
M55A2-TP - C-144 - PGU-27 A/B
General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems–Canada offers three different types of 20mm Target Practice (TP) rounds:
- The 20mm M55A2-TP
- The new Canadian TP version of the PGU 27/B (Canadian designation: C-144)
- The 20mm TP PGU-27 A/B produced in compliance with the US Technical Data Package (TDP)
The 20mm target practice rounds are designed for use with M61 guns on F-18 aircraft and are compatible with M39 guns, automatic 20mm cannons mounted on fighter aircraft, helicopters and some ground-to-air defense systems. All meet international standards, including US and Canadian military specifications.
Flight simulations conducted at extreme temperatures and pressures have proven their reliability under the most severe conditions. The 20mm ammunition family are completely sealed and 100% waterproof.
The 20mm M55A2-TP cartridge was the first generation of 20mm training ammunition. Introduced into service in the mid-1960s, it is still in use in many countries. Recent optimization of the propellant design reduces barrel wear and erosion, while improving watertightness to eliminate any possibility of long action times. The profile of the projectile was also slightly modified to better match the trajectory of the operational cartridge.
- Cartridge cases are produced from 70/30 brass alloy
- The projectiles consist of a steel body, an aluminum nose and a copper or sintered iron driving band
- M55A3B1 electric primers
- An optimized double-based propellant is used to minimize barrel wear and erosion with the C-144
20mm x 102 PGU Suite
20mm x 102 FAP
20x102 TP Brochure