Active Protection Systems
Shock Absorber - Man-Portable
Effective, Portable Protection
The Shock Absorber is a man-portable electro-optical soft kill active protection system (APS) for detection and jamming of anti-tank guided missiles (ATGMs). This lightweight, manportable system can be carried by a single soldier in the field and rapidly deployed for infantry missions.
Based on the proven Iron Fist sensing and jamming technology, Shock Absorber identifies the enemy launcher position and immediately alerts of launch threats and small arms bursts. The directional electro-optical jammer rapidly activates to counter second generation ATGMs, utilizing a short pulse, narrow beam to minimize troop’s exposure.
The basic configuration offers 180 degree day and night coverage that can easily be expanded with additional cameras for 360 degree day and night panoramic vision. Shock Absorber can interface with any standard infantry display. The system can also be integrated into vehicles and naval vessels.
General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems and Israel Military Industries (IMI) are teamed to provide vehicle integration and production of Shock Absorber.
- Accurate detection of enemy launcher position
- Immediate alert to threat of launch and small arms bursts
- Situational awareness: basic configuration is 180 degrees;
can easily be expanded with additional cameras for
360 degree panoramic vision
- Passive sensors assure low signature and minimal power consumption
- Directional electro-optical jammer: short activation time;
short pulse, narrow beam
- Weight: 55 pounds (25 kilograms); can be carried by
a single soldier
- Power supply: portable 12 volt battery or vehicle
source (12/24 volt)
- System can interface with any standard infantry display